Support Operations Administrator
ID# 17234 – 05-20-2020
We are seeking a qualified service desk candidate with up to Tier 3 knowledge of Microsoft and network support environments.
- Technological certifications, degree in computer science or other engineering or technical discipline. 5-7 consecutive years of relevant work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- At least three (3) years providing Tier 2-3 helpdesk support
- Experience setting up and supporting Microsoft domain controllers, active directory, IIS, services and Exchange.
- Knowledge of vmware, virtualization and virtual environment concepts
- Knowledge of monitoring backups and performing system restores
- Understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, etc.
- Experience with network monitoring, RMM or backup/DR platforms.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- True self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain MCSE certification in the near future
The Service Desk Technician will be responsible for providing multi-tiered end-user support. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide mutli-tier support, which can range from simple password resets to creating patch management policies within our RMM
- Triage, prioritize, manage and report on help desk tickets/resolutions once a week to management
- Provide overall assistance in daily administration of support operation tools, including SaaS tools and technical documentation
- Lead effort to automate and integrate helpdesk functions into an enterprise DevOps solution
- Document all issues and generate reports detailing common problems and error trends
- Provide senior level technical support to end users for issues not resolved at Tier I/II
- Deliver timely responses to reported incidents
- Effective communication skills when updating clients, internal management and stakeholders
- Build knowledge base by managing formulation of new documentation that describes technical fixes
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work
- Respond to general service requests
AT A GLANCE
This position is the heartbeat of our organization. With much challenge comes much reward. Great opportunity to get in at the ground level with our company as this position offers the chosen candidate much opportunity for upward mobility. The candidate must possess a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
This position will also require you to speak directly with clients. Therefore, you must be able to translate complex constructs into analogous concepts briefly to ensure understanding, education and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be able to assist in creating the core support structure, proven methodologies and workflows that we can standardize upon. You will be a key player in the continued success of our support operations, so your actions must speak louder than tech jargon and buzzwords.
We are a privately owned startup Information Technology and Management Solutions Company primarily catering to SMBs with a heavy focus on support automation. Our current client base is diverse, ranging from restaurant management organizations to professional business offices. The organization’s expertise and ability to deliver superior solutions is recognized heavily within our support portfolio, as is our ability to successfully manage projects – both large and small.
We understand that maintaining close and frequent communication with our customers allows us to fully understand their needs and priorities and ensures we deliver the needed product. We believe that transparency within our operations model is key to a strong relationship with our Customers and Partners. By focusing on our Customers’ needs, we are able to deliver on its mission to Provide Customer-Driven solutions with Integrity and Consistency.
Good luck and we look forward to reviewing your credentials further!